Is it a bird? Is it a plane?...No really. I honestly don't know.




I love designing new patterns and today I sat down to make my own winter color work motif.  I'll give you a few guesses what this shape is supposed to be...



Drum roll please....It's a snowflake!  (Yeah, I also couldn't tell.)

Needless to say, this was a complete fail.  But in this new year I am just trying to challenge myself and go beyond my comfort zone.  I still love the way it turned out.  On the bright side, I can always claim it is just a made up design.  Right?  I'm still deciding if I want to fix this pattern by creating a different motif or just keep it as is. Decisions, decisions.
I'm hoping to share this pattern soon.  I'm kind of obsessed with designing wine bottle bags right now.  I think they make great gifts.  My goal is to try and make some fun and funky designs.  Also they are a quick easy project to knit that is great when trying to hone your techniques when knitting in the round. :)
Anyone else have an epic fail in knitting?  If so, please share so I know I'm not alone!

Comments

Popular Posts