What to Do with Old Knitting Projects

This week I had a couple restless days where I wanted to knit something but had no project that I was overtly excited about.  So I started thinking about ways I could be productive and still enjoy my love of yarn.  Enter the dreaded old project pile (Pause for dramatic music). 


As you can see, I have a pile of old projects that have accumulated over the years that were just abandoned or complete fails.  For years, they have sat and waited for their day to shine.  Now enter the savor in this story, the helpful, yet sometimes annoying, yarn winder.  When these two meet, there is a new adventure to be had!  So armed with two other tried and true friends, the crochet hook and a spare needle, I set to work to unwind the horrors of the past.



Like knitting, ball winder can be very therapeutic and productive!  The best part is no real skill is required.  So I am happy to say I spent most of this week carefully (and sometimes angrily) unraveling old projects and rewinding them into adorable balls.  It is amazing how now I look at those balls of yarn as project possibilities instead of project fails.  It's nice to teach an old project new tricks!


So the next time you have that itch to play with yarn (Yes. It's a thing), consider just relaxing and yarn winding while listening to your favorite Pandora station, audiobook, or podcast.  Also, if you don't have a yarn winder, you can always just use the old 5 digit handwinders to make a pretty and adorable ball. This is still one of my favorite methods because you can take it anywhere. :)

Happy Winding, Everyone!



Comments

Popular Posts